Low-fat vegan banana bread.
You can cook Low-fat vegan banana bread using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low-fat vegan banana bread
- You need 2 cups of whole meal flour.
- Prepare 3 of over-ripe bananas (mashed).
- You need 1/3 cup of caster sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of almond milk (if required).
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil (though I sometimes go in with 1/4 cup oil if the bananas are so ripe that the skin is black 😬).
Low-fat vegan banana bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350 F.
- Mix the dry ingredients on a large mixing bowl. Now add the vanilla extract, and gently fold in the mashed bananas and olive oil to make into a smooth batter..
- Line a baking tin with grease-proof paper. Pour the batter in the tin and bake for 40 minutes. [As ovens tend to vary, do the toothpick test in the centre of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean means the loaf should be ready). Once cooled to room temperature, enjoy the goodness of your freshly baked banana bread. Store in an airtight container. It keeps for roughly a week in the refrigerator and about 3 days at room temperature..